Born Of Fire

THE WORLD IS BURNING, THE SHIP IS SINKING, THE PEOPLE ARE DANCING, YET THE BAND STILL PLAYS ON. General Views And Observations From The Real World At The 11th hour.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Signs Of The Times and The Rise of the Machines

I was listening to the radio the other day and it never ceases to amaze me how there are so many commentators screaming and bellowing their right wing opinions on the radio. I'm simply amazed at how confident these guys are (mostly men of course) regarding everything they say. How can they all be so dang confident??? There's simply no way to stop them. They have a ready answer for every question, a point for every counterpoint, a quick retort for every critical question. Just like slick salesman they are well skilled at taking your money and selling you junk! If you ask me they are supermen or better yet they are
super NEO-CONS
and I'd yet to find any kind of kryptonite on this planet that can shut them up!

Or better yet lets call them what they really are. Let's call them propaganda machines who program the masses for the benifit of those
PSYCHOPATHS who run our lives. These talking heads are those who speak on behalf of Nationalism and false patriotism which does so very well to unite
BUSH
with Hitler. This form of nationalism is the scoundrel's last refuge and thrives on ignorance.

Albert Einstein described it well: "Nationalism is a children's disease, the measles of mankind".

But if you ask me no one says it quite as well as
KURT VONNEGUT

"I myself feel that our country, for whose Constitution I fought in a just war, might as well have been invaded by Martians and body snatchers. Sometimes I wish it had been. What has happened, though, is that it has been taken over by means of the sleaziest, low-comedy, Keystone Cops-style coup d’etat imaginable".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home